Monday 21 May 2007

still continuing

We went to see Benjamin Brittain's opera Owen Wingrave which couldn't have been more different to Menopause the Musical. The opera's message was peace as was discussed in the pre-perfomance discussion. I enjoyed the discussion more than the opera. So two subjects close to my heart women and peace. I wonder which was more successful in delivering its message.
I forgot to mention that another reason for going to London was to do research for a short story that I am writing which will also possibly be the last chapter of my auto-biography. I wanted to visit the Royal Opera House so this killed to birds with one stone so to speak. Their must be a better way of saying that. I would never want to kill one bird never mind two at once. Anyway, I really wanted to see the main theatre but as Owen Wingrave was being performed in the small theatre I had to make do with buting a fold-out card board model. What I really want to do is to reserve a box. Someday maybe one can dream.

No comments: