Thursday 28 June 2007

identity

I have been experimenting with pseudonymns. Twice before in mylife I changed my name.
The first time was when I was at college. At that time I hated my first name so I swopped to my middle name and shortened it. After college I reverted because I returned to my home town and everyone continued to call me by my original name.
When I started to write I hated both of my names so chose a new pseudonym completely.
I liked the name but when my mail arrived bearing this chosen name I didn't recognise myself.
I gradually let it drop.
Now in cyberspace I have experimented with so many names I forget them and the passwords which go with them. I thoroughly enjoy making up these alter egos but forget to record them.
Does this mean that I do not know who I am? Or just that I am trying to discover my real self?
Will I ever grow into my given name? Do I want to? will I find a self with whom I am comfortable?

No comments: